Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tiny Victory #1 - Not wearing makeup at work!

So, a little back info on me. I alwaaaays wear makeup to work. And when I go out. This week, I've decided to forgo my usual concealer-foundation-powder-blush-eye shadow-eyeliner-mascara routine because I'm tired of it. It's tedious and I'm sure my skin could use the fresh air. I don't like the fact that I need to cover my face to feel pretty. I mean, this is what I look like. It might not be as attractive as the made-up version, but for better or worse, this is my face.

But you know what? It's fucking scary! I'm showing people what I REALLY look like. People who have never seen my face bare before. There is a big difference in what I look like made-up versus not, which makes this au naturel thing even more challenging. 'Cause people notice that shit. To girls who don't wear much makeup, it might seem like I'm being terribly petty. But think of it like this. The makeup I put on my face is a mask of security that I've been donning since I was 14 years old. For me to just TAKE IT ALL OFF is a big deal to me. Right now it's taking a lot of courage for me to walk around with my dark circles popping off my face and my lips so pale that they blend in with the rest of my skin. It takes courage for me to not run to the bathroom and apply make-up after people make comments to me about how tired I look. As it is, I'm having difficulty making eye contact with people because I'm still feeling self conscious about my bare face. But at least I'm doing it.

So without further ado...me in all my pale, un-made-up glory. (With the exception of tinted moisturizer. Give me some leeway!)

So I might have a little lip gloss on too...
Zombies are all the rage now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment